Effective Date: August 3, 2022
Your privacy is very important to us. Please read below to see how Team Wilpers handles information in connection with Team Wilpers’s websites, social media presence and services (collectively, the “Services”). Before we get to the details, here are a few of our fundamental privacy principles:
- We aggregate certain information about our members’ use of the Services for business purposes and we sometimes publish that information or share it with others.
- We give you several ways to control what information is shared with others and the public and are continuously working to enhance privacy options available to you.
Team Wilpers is headquartered in Marietta, GA and our Services are provided to you by Team Wilpers LLC. If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), Team Wilpers LLC is the controller of your personal data for the purposes of EU data protection law.
We Collect, Use, Share and Otherwise Process Information
- as necessary to provide the Services and fulfill our obligations pursuant to the Terms of Service. For example, we cannot provide the Services unless we collect and use your ride information;
- where you have consented to the processing;
- where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of emergencies;
- where you have made the information public; and
- where necessary for the purposes of Team Wilpers’s or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our interests in protecting our members, our partners’ interests in collaborating with our members, and our commercial interests in ensuring the sustainability of the Services.
Information Team Wilpers Collects
Team Wilpers collects information about you, including information that directly or indirectly identifies you, if you or other members choose to share it with Team Wilpers. We receive information in a few different ways, including when you sync, complete or upload activities using the Services. Team Wilpers also collects information about how you use the Services. There are also several opportunities for you to share information about yourself and your activities with Team Wilpers. For example:
- We collect basic account information such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender, username and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
- Profile, activity and use information is collected about you when you choose to sync or manually enter workout activity, activity (including date, time and geo-location information as well as your speed and pace) or post, join a challenge, add your equipment usage, view others’ activities, or otherwise use the Services.
- Team Wilpers collects information from devices and apps you connect to Team Wilpers. For example, you may connect information from a heart rate monitor to Team Wilpers and information from these devices and apps will be passed along to Team Wilpers.
- Team Wilpers may collect or infer health information. Certain health information may be inferred from sources such as heart rate or other information about your perceived exertion, including power, cadence, height and weight or other indicators. Before you can upload health information to Team Wilpers, you must give your explicit consent to the processing of that health information by Team Wilpers. You can withdraw your consent to Team Wilpers processing your health information at any time by canceling your account and requesting that we delete any identifiable information.
- We gather information from the photos, posts, comments, kudos and other content you share on the Services, including when you participate in challenges and our social media channels.
- When you make a payment on Team Wilpers, you may provide payment information such as your payment card or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payment services and we do not store your credit card information.
- To help us to provide you with the best possible service, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your support requests and comments.
- We also obtain additional third party information about our members from marketers, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information obtained from other members, third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide. We may also collect information about you from other members such as when they give you kudos or comment on your activities.
- We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you access or use the Services. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
- We may access your account using IT administrator permissions. This is necessary occasionally to respond to reported technical problems in the Services. However, no identifiable data is recorded in these instances beyond that which is necessary to accomplish the required system repairs.
- The Services use log files. The information stored in those files includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer, protect and secure the Services, track member movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
How Team Wilpers Uses Information
Team Wilpers uses the information we collect and receive to administer and operate the Services and to customize them for you. For example, we use your heart rate information to provide you with interesting and useful performance analysis. Subject to your privacy controls, your information, including your profile, username, photos, members you follow and who follow you, clubs you belong to, your activities, the devices you use, and comments you give and receive will be shared on Team Wilpers so that you may be able to participate in the Services, for example to show your place on a leaderboard. Certain information (e.g., your name and some profile information) may also be available to non-members on the web. Your precise location information, and specific health details are not shared unless you specifically opt in to such services.
We use the information we collect about you, your followers, and your activities to customize your experience. We also use the information we collect to process payments, provide support related to the Services, protect members and enforce our Terms of Service, promote safety, and to communicate with you (including to send marketing communications) where you have agreed to receive such messages and notifications.
We also use the information we collect to analyze, develop and improve the Services. To do this, Team Wilpers may use third party analytics providers to gain insights into how our Services are used and to help us improve the Services.
We may also use the information we collect to market and promote the Services, activities on Team Wilpers, and other commercial products or services. This includes customizing your Team Wilpers experience. For example, if we know that you like to run, we may tell you about new running activities or show you sponsored content related to running. If we see that you run in a certain area, we may suggest a race in that area.
Team Wilpers may aggregate the information you and others make available in connection with the Services and post it publicly or share it with third parties. To do this, we remove certain account information, such as your name, and combine the resulting information with similar information from other Team Wilpers athletes. Examples of the type of information we may aggregate in this way include information about equipment, usage, demographics, routes and performance. Team Wilpers may use, sell, license, and share this information with third parties for research, business or other purposes such as to help our partners understand more about athletes, including the people who use their products and services.
How Information is Shared
In addition to sharing aggregated data about our members as described above, we also share information that identifies you in accordance with your preferences, as needed to run our business and provide the Services, and where required for legal purposes, as set forth below.
We may share your information with third parties who provide services to Team Wilpers such as supporting and improving the Services, promoting the Services, processing payments, or fulfilling orders. These service providers will only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information. We may also engage service providers to collect information about your use of the Services over time on our behalf so that we or they may promote Team Wilpers or display information that may be relevant to your interests on the Services or other websites or services.
Third Party Business via API or Other Integrations
When you choose to use third party apps, plugins, or websites that integrate with the Services, or when you use Team Wilpers features that are offered in conjunction with third parties such as a sponsored challenge, they may receive your information and content, including your photos and your activity data. Information collected by these third parties is subject to their terms and policies. Team Wilpers is not responsible for the terms or policies of third parties.
Affiliates and Acquirors of our Business or Assets
We may preserve and share your information with third parties, including law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or private litigants, within or outside your country of residence, if we determine that such disclosure is allowed by the law or reasonably necessary to comply with the law, including to respond to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also retain, preserve or disclose your information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate to prevent any person from death or serious bodily injury, to address issues of national security or other issues of public importance, to prevent or detect violations of our Terms of Service or fraud or abuse of Team Wilpers or its members, or to protect our operations or our property or other legal rights, including by disclosure to our legal counsel and other consultants and third parties in connection with actual or potential litigation.
We may share your information with third parties when we forward Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) notifications, which will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
How We Protect Information
We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of the data we collect. Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content. No system is 100% secure. The Services use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and credit card numbers. The Services are registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm Team Wilpers’s identity before any personal information is sent. In addition, Team Wilpers’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorized access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Services. Please note that if you do not use a SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted.
Most browsers have the ability to notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid services identification information for the Services you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection. Team Wilpers recommends that you enable these browser functions to help ensure that your communications are secure. You can also monitor the URL of the services you are visiting (secure URLs begin with https:// rather than http://), along with the security symbol of your browser to help identify when you are communicating with a secure server. You can also view the details of the security certificate of the services to which you are connected. Please check the validity of any Services you connect to using secure communications.
While Team Wilpers continues to work hard to protect your personal information, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, and Team Wilpers cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Team Wilpers. Transmitting personal information is done at your own risk.
Managing Your Settings
Adjust Notification and Email Preferences
Updating Account Information
You may correct, amend or update profile or account information at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings. If you need further assistance correcting inaccurate information, please contact Team Wilpers at https://teamwilpers.com/contact. Team Wilpers will generally respond to your request within 10-14 business days.
Deleting Information and Accounts
To request that your account is deleted, contact us at https://teamwilpers.com/contact. Once deleted, your data, including your account, activities and place on leaderboards cannot be reinstated.
Note that content you have shared with others, such as comments, or that others have copied may also remain visible after you have deleted your account or deleted specific information from your own profile.
Team Wilpers also provides you the option to remove FTP records, among other data, that you have posted on the Services without deleting your account.
EU Members’ Rights
If you are habitually located in the European Union, you have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited circumstances. We describe these rights below:
Access and Porting
You can access much of your information by logging into your account. If you require additional access or if you are not a Team Wilpers member, contact us at https://teamwilpers.com/contact
Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete
You can also rectify, restrict, limit or delete much of your information by logging into your account, such as to edit your profile, delete workout data you have posted or delete your account. If you are unable to do this, please contact us at https://teamwilpers.com/contact. Team Wilpers will generally respond to your request within 10-14 business days.
Where we process your information based on our legitimate interests explained above, you can object to this processing in certain circumstances. In such cases, we will cease processing your information unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to continue processing or where it is needed for legal reasons.
Where you have previously provided your consent, such as to permit us to process health-related data about you, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time. For example, you can withdraw your consent by updating your settings. In certain cases, we may continue to process your information after you have withdrawn consent if we have a legal basis to do so or if your withdrawal of consent was limited to certain processing activities.
Should you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
The Services are operated from the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Services or provide information to us, you acknowledge and understand that your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the United States, as it is necessary to provide the Services and perform the Terms of Service. United States privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Retention of Information
Other Team Wilpers Sites
Team Wilpers maintains certain websites that can be accessed outside of https://teamwilpers.com, such as our social media channels (the “Other Sites”). The Other Sites maintain the look and feel of the Services, but are hosted by outside service providers with their own terms and privacy policies. If you interact with the Other Sites, your information may be stored, processed, or shared outside of the Services. If you interact with the Other Sites, you acknowledge that you may be subject to the terms and conditions and policies applicable to such Other Site. Please be aware that any personal information you submit to the Other Sites may be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums indefinitely, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Team Wilpers is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit via the Other Sites.
© 2022 Team Wilpers